Terms of Reference for Public Health Specialist – CHD Group
The Public Health Specialist will support the Edward & Cynthia Institute of Public Health (ECIPH), a CHD Group Institution and will also support CHD Group field delivery programmes engaging in skill development training, applied epidemiological trainings, governmental liaising and technical support, strategic dialogue with diverse stakeholders while responding to divergent public health needs and requirements. The Public Health Specialist will be based at Mangalore city in Karnataka and will be required to engage in multiple turn-key roles with short notice travel to any part of the country including difficult zones.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide skill development trainings & applied epidemiology trainings.
- Curate and write research papers and policy-based position papers with tangible targets.
- Engage with government and corporate companies in CHD Operational geographies.
- Provide technical and scientific subject matter expertise for public health surveillance, data analysis, outbreak investigations, surveillance system monitoring and evaluation, epidemiological surveys and research studies.
- Provide technical and scientific subject matter expertise for abstracts and presentations for national, regional and international meetings, conferences and other scientific forums.
- Provide technical and scientific subject matter expertise for scientific manuscripts and reports for communication, dissemination and publication.
- Coordinate meetings, trainings and seminars for students, participants, delegates across all programs.
- Responsible for all program reporting monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate field activities with the appropriate authorities and officials, MOHFW, NIE, WHO, CDC, Govt/Corporate and other partner organizations.
- Provide in-person and remote mentoring and support to CHD Teams.
- Represent CHD programs on committees, panels, and other bodies as a delegated responsibility as directed from time to time.
- To be able to write books and create public health contents on a regular basis.
- Other tasks as assigned
Mandatory education, training, experience and skills
- MPH/MSc – Community Health Nursing from an accredited university program
- Minimum of 1-2 years of public health experience or entry level candidates with a proven track record for excellence in demonstrable skill sets.
- Demonstrated teaching and mentoring experience
- Strong analytic and scientific writing skills with preferably first author publications in peer reviewed/impact factor journals.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to travel up to 80% of time (domestic).
- Preference will be given to locals or others desiring to be long term based in Mangalore.