1) Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary plan, and numbers of portions to be served.
2) Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
3) Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
4) Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
5) Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, and poultry.
6) Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures.
7) Determine meal prices based on calculations of ingredient prices.
8) Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
9) Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
10) Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
11) Monitor use of all ingredients with nutritious diet plan and quality control
12) Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
13) Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
14) Train new employees.
15) Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment and maintaining hygiene in the space.